Friends of LGS
We are a group of parents and staff whose primary aim is to support the entire school community through our provision and support of academic, career, pastoral and social events.
This is a friendly group which not only welcomes all parents/guardians but requires minimal time commitment. Please contact the current Chair, Suze Chomo, if you would like to request further information.
Meeting Dates 2020
The next meeting will be held on Monday 20th April at 7.00pm at Leicester Grammar School, Great Glen.
What we do
Over the course of the past year Friends have organised the following:
- Career talks from parents at the Year 10 induction day
- A Cheese and Wine Evening for new parents
- 2 Speed networking sessions for Year 12 using parent and OL volunteers
- A series of exam stress seminars for Year 10
- A quiz and curry night
- The Year 11 Prom
- A Charity dinner “Indian Feast” with entertainment
- New Parent Tea
- T-shirts at the History festival
- Resilience Talk for parents and children of Years 10-13
In previous years we have also put on other events such as fashion shows and wreath. Any suggestions for future events or support are gratefully received. Please email Suze Chomo with any thoughts.
Thanks to everyone who came to the Quiz Night on 24th January - a great night was had by all!
Exciting news! Following the recent pupil survey, The Friends of LGS are buying two outdoor table tennis tables as they were number 1 on the list of requests from the pupils.
This is where we post any useful links to support the events we have hosted.
Please see our Resources page for details.