The Cufflin Library is situated at the very heart of the school, and is a spacious, bright and well-equipped resource. It is open throughout the school day, and after school serves as the Homework Room until 5.20pm. All students can visit the library during break time and lunchtime, and also after school. Additionally, sixth formers will use the library during their private study periods.
The library is well resourced, and each year many new books and periodicals are added. Current editions of all important texts are stocked, with multiple copies of titles in high demand. Students are encouraged to recommend titles for purchase, especially fiction, and the library staff liaise with teaching staff, so that the library stock reflects the requirements of the curriculum.
- The Library contains about 10,000 non-fiction books, which support the curriculum and provide additional reading for general interest.
- We hold a wide range of fiction titles to satisfy all readers from our youngest pupils in Prep to sixth formers and staff.
- The Library houses the Careers Resource Collection, which supports the work of the Careers Department, and includes many current directories and prospectuses, and other information about careers, universities, gap years and funding.
- We subscribe to about 30 periodical titles, including 2 daily newspapers, New Scientist and various magazines aimed at GCSE and A Level students, as well as various digital resources.
- There are 48 computers available for student use, with internet access.
- Our non-fiction collection includes reference books such as dictionaries, atlases and directories.
- Our online library catalogue is easy to use and is available throughout the school, and via the school website. It is linked to the issue system, so that library users can tell whether or not a book is available.
- Our collection includes DVDs and Audiobooks.
Eclipse (Library Catalogue)
Please click here to search the library catalogue.
The library is staffed by two qualified librarians, one of whom is available at all times. Our Careers Leader is also often available for four days per week to help students with careers advice, and appointments can be made.
Studying in the Library
There is seating for about 100 students, with a mixture of study spaces with computers, study spaces without computers and easy chairs.
All students can borrow library books, generally for a loan period of three weeks.