Why Choose LGS?
- Track-record of academic excellence, with pupils gaining places on a variety of competitive courses at top universities. Sunday Times East Midlands Independent Secondary School of the Year 2020
- A modern, forward-looking and expansive school campus and education
- A proudly diverse and ‘grounded’ co-educational community of learners and staff, preparing children for life in today’s world
- Very well qualified, experienced, passionate and supportive specialist teachers
- Small class-sizes, where we know and care for pupils as individuals
- Attentive pastoral care and support for well-being within a mutually supportive community
- Broad curriculum and range of options, underpinned by academic rigour and active encouragement of intellectual curiosity
- Outstanding co-curricular opportunities, including music, sport, drama, clubs, competitions, lectures
- Development of softer skills, so important for life: confidence, independence, teamwork
- Distinctive Sixth Form Aspire Programme, including personal and leadership development
- A happy and purposeful school, with a moral compass, where children thrive on a culture of ambition and care.
Please refer to the sub-menus on this page to see our Good Schools Guide review, Inspection Reports and further information on why you should consider Leicester Grammar School.
Examination results in 2019 (the last year of external results) were typically excellent, with over 50% of A levels graded A*/A and 81% A*-B. At GCSE, a very impressive 57% of grades were at 9/8/A* and the school was ranked 19th co-educational independent school nationally in the Times. Eight students met Oxbridge offers for 2021 entry.
The school won the accolade of Sunday Times East Midlands Independent Secondary School of the Year 2020.